CAPDA view procurement and contracting as the whole process of procuring products or services and managing their acceptance and delivery. The process:
- Begins with a need being established
- Proceeds to capability based requirements definition
- Is supported by a business case, with the costs, benefits and risks articulated
- Analyses sourcing options
- Approaches the market to invite submissions
- Evaluates submissions
- Awards a contract
- Manages the delivery of products and services under contract.
CAPDA procurement and contracting professionals are experienced in undertaking high value and high risk procurement and contracting. CAPDA professionals “make strategy happen” by ensuring the common thread is maintained through strategic objectives, the capability requirements, procurement evaluation criteria and contract performance measures.